How I Collect and Use Your Information
I use Jetpack to collect, monitor and analyse statistical information in order to improve this website.
When you post a comment, an anonymised string (hash) created from your email address may be sent to the Gravatar service to check if you are using it and so make your profile's picture publicly visible in the context of your comment.
When you request technical support via email, I might ask you for additional information about the environment where the plugin, or theme, is installed. Such information are only temporarily held and are used for debugging purposes only.
Information I Hold
When you browse this website I collect information such as the browser type, the browser version, the pages of this website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and a few other statistics.
When you contact me via email, I hold your name, email address and information relevant for the development of this website that might be contained in the message.
When you post a comment, besides your comment, name, email address and website URL — if provided — I collect your IP Address and information about your browser, namely the User-Agent string. These data are retained indefinitely, so that I can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Where I Store Your Information
Your comments and their metadata, and the information you send me via email are all saved to a server owned by Gandi SAS and located in France.
All these information are also periodically copied to my computer and backed up to external memory drives.
Who Can Access to Your Information
The access to your information is limited to me and to the people responsible of maintaining the server mentioned in the previous section. In some cases, I might be obliged by law to disclose information about you to government agencies.
How I Keep Your Information Private
The transmission of data from this website to your device's browser, and vice versa, is encrypted according to the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
The servers where I store the information you give me are all protected by a two-factor authentication system and all of them communicate with the applications I use via secure connections conforming to the SSL protocol.
The computer I use is protected by a password required whenever it is started and after a few minutes of inactivity.
Questions and Feedback
Changes to This Policy
- removed the parts about the collection and use of your personal information in the event of a purchase — sales of plugins have been stopped altogether.
- replaced all references to SiteTree and its Leaves with mentions of The Permalinks Cascade [Pro].
- introduced mention of Jetpack by Automattic, as a result of having stopped using Google Analytics.
- replaced all references to SiteTree Pro with mentions of the Leaves, replaced PayPal with Stripe as one of the means through which I collect information, and added the country's name and the postal code to the list of information collected on completing a purchase.
- added mention of the checkout form and the personal area for SiteTree Pro users in the 'How I Collect and Use Your Information' section, and removed the street address as one of the information collected on purchasing a copy of SiteTree Pro.