To start using SiteTree Pro you have to go only through three swift steps: installation, selection of the content types and activation of the sitemaps. [read more]
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Site Tree?
It actually is a Site Map, a human-oriented listing marked up in HTML5 of the most prominent content of your website.
- Is there any chance of running into conflicts with the Core Sitemap functionality introduced in WordPress 5.5?
No, there isn't. The plugin automatically disables the Core Sitemap functionality when the Google Sitemap is active.
- Are the XML Sitemaps produced by SiteTree/SiteTree Pro human-readable?
Yes, they are. Although the Google Sitemap and the Google News Sitemap are crawler-oriented sitemaps, they are both human-readable.
- Are SiteTree and SiteTree Pro compatible with the Multisite feature of WordPress?
Yes, they are.
- Can SiteTree and SiteTree Pro generate a Google Sitemap complete with Change Frequency and Priority metadata?
Starting from SiteTree 3.0 and SiteTree Pro 1.5 the plugins no longer have this ability, become obsolete by now.
- What are the system requirements of SiteTree/SiteTree Pro?
For the time being, you can instal SiteTree on any version of WordPress following WordPress 5.2. SiteTree Pro, on the other hand, is compatible only with WordPress 5.5+. The system requirements are the same as WordPress.
- Can I activate my License Key from my local development environment?
Yes, you can activate it without affecting its limit of activations as long as your local domain is 'localhost' or meets one of the following conditions:
- How do I completely uninstal SiteTree/SiteTree Pro?
Just deactivate it and click on 'Delete'. The same applies to SiteTree 1.5.3.
- Will I lose my settings by upgrading from SiteTree 1.5.3?
You will lose only your general settings, your preferences about whether or not to exclude a post or page from the sitemaps will be automatically upgraded. Instead, the Change Frequency and Priority metadata you might have set for some posts or pages will not require upgrade, because in the latest versions of SiteTree and SiteTree Pro their use has been dropped.