Fixed a bug that caused the child pages listed in the Site Tree to have an incomplete permalink.
SiteTree Pro has a new home on the web. Feel free to send me your feedback!
Introduced the Pinging Log! The plugin now keeps a detailed log of the pinging events.
This update also fixes a bug where the Pinging-On-Request wasn't available when all the automatic pings failed.
Fixed a bug that prevented the updating of the information related to the Google News Sitemap when the amount of listed news changed independently of the occurrence of a publishing event.
The plugin can now produce a third kind of sitemap, a News Sitemap! A functionality rounded off by the automatic pinging of Google and the ability to exclude content.
Fixed a bug where the plugin, in tallying the number of permalinks excluded from the Google Sitemap, took account of the binned posts that were flagged as excluded.
The Ghost Page functionality adds up to the feature-set!
A short intro: a page flagged as Ghost Page is automatically excluded from both sitemaps, not cached by the WP Super Cache plugin and hidden from crawlers without its path showing up in the 'robots.txt' file.
Also, information about the number of queries and runtimes for each page of a paginated Site Tree are now readily accessible from the SiteTree Dashboard.
First and foremost there is a new entry in the rage of features: Site Tree Pagination!
Although the functionality is completely automatic, the plugin has a setting to control the maximum amount of content each page of the Site Tree has to contain.
This update also drops the caching functionality, better suited to a dedicated plugin like WordPress Super Cache, which SiteTree Pro natively supports.
- Custom taxonomies couldn't be included in the Google Sitemap.
- Authors' pages containing only custom posts couldn't be included in the Google Sitemap.
- Taxonomies containing only drafts were listed in the Site Tree.
Starting from this update SiteTree Pro will no longer have the ability to generate a Google Sitemap complete with Change Frequency and Priority metadata, become obsolete by now.
- Content types can now be included directly from the dashboard.
- Now the content of the settings pages changes according to the type of content included in the sitemaps.
- Added in the dashboard a button to deactivate the Site Tree.
Fixed a bug that caused the plugin to generate a
Disallow rule for each featured (sticky) post, regardless of whether or not the post was excluded from the Google Sitemap.
In addition to the following, this update removes the 'Metadata Computation' feature.
Added the ability to show an excerpt of user-defined length for each post listed in the Site Tree.
- Now automatic pings are always sent, regardless of whether or not the pinging-on-request is idle.
- Authors can now be excluded from the Site Tree by nickname.
Fixed a bug that prevented the plugin from flushing the cache when a page was moved to the bin.
Fixed a bug concerning the number of images listed in the Google Sitemap.
Automatic computation of 'Change Frequency' and 'Priority' for posts, pages and custom posts listed in the Google Sitemap.
- On computing the 'Last Modified' (
lastmod) metadata for a page the plugin takes into account also the modification date of the
- The 'Priority' value for child pages is no longer lower than the one chosen for parent pages.
Added the ability to exclude from the Site Tree all the child pages.
- The plugin disables the ability to manually launch the rebuilding process when less than one minute has elapsed since the last rebuilding.
- On computing the 'Last Modified' (
lastmod) metadata for the home page the plugin takes into account also the modification date of the
- When the profile of an author excluded from the Site Tree is updated, the Site Tree is no longer rebuilt.
- When a taxonomy excluded from one or both sitemaps is updated, the rebuilding process is no longer fired.
- Wrapped each list of the Site Tree in a
- Added an
idattribute to each list and list's title of the Site Tree.
The ability to exclude taxonomies from the Site Tree didn't work when the list style was hierarchical.
Fixed a bug that, when the Site Tree was disabled, could cause the building process of the Site Tree to run on loading any non-admin page.
- When a ping fails and a new ping is requested, only the failed ping will be resend.
- The Ping functionality is disabled if SiteTree Pro is used on a local server.
- If Google is not pinged at the same time as Bing and Yahoo!, details about when each ping was sent show up in the dashboard.
- You can know the count of permalinks excluded from the Google Sitemap by hovering over the count of permalinks displayed in the dashboard.
- Dramatically reduced the number of database queries needed to build a Google Image Sitemap.
- Improved the visual feedback given when the pinging is idle.
- Replaced the dates shown in the dashboard with the counts of the time elapsed since the last rebuilding. The exact date can be known by hovering over the elapsed time.
- The 'List title' fields in the 'Site Tree Settings' screen now can accept in-line HTML tags.
In some circumstances a "304 Not Modified" response header was returned to the client even though the Google Sitemap had to be served afresh.
The plugin no longer redirects to the dashboard when is activated for the first time.
Requires WordPress 5.2 or later.
SiteTree Pro is born.