- Excluding Web Pages
- The [permalinks-cascade] Shortcode
- The tpc_get_hyperlist() Template Tag
- Grouping Pages by Topic
- Customising the Google Sitemap Filename
- Site Tree Pagination
- The Sitemap Index
- Pinging Search Engines
- Ghost Pages
- The Pinging Log
- Setting Up a Multilingual Site Tree
- Setting a Distinct Thumbnail for Each Video
- The Site Tree's Action Hooks
- Moving the Admin Menu
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Site Tree?
It actually is a Site Map, a human-oriented listing marked up in HTML5 of the most prominent content of your website.
- Can I migrate from SiteTree without losing my settings?
When activated for the first time, The Permalinks Cascade automatically upgrades and migrates SiteTree's settings and data — it doesn't matter whether or not SiteTree is inactive when you activate The Permalinks Cascade.
Then, if you want to completely uninstal SiteTree, please follow these steps:
- Go to the 'Advanced Settings' screen of SiteTree and tick the 'On uninstalling' setting — this will enable the deep-uninstallation mode.
- Deactivate SiteTree from the 'Plugins' screen.
- Click on 'Delete'.
- Is there any chance of running into conflicts with the Core Sitemap functionality introduced with WordPress 5.5?
No, there isn't. The plugin automatically disables the Core Sitemap functionality when the Google Sitemap is active.
- Are the XML Sitemaps produced by The Permalinks Cascade human-readable?
Yes, they are. Although the Google Sitemaps and the Google News Sitemaps are crawler-oriented sitemaps, they are all equipped with an XSL Template that makes them human-readable.
- Can The Permalinks Cascade generate Google Sitemaps complete with Change Frequency and Priority metadata?
No, it cannot. The use of such metadata has become obsolete by now.
- What are the system requirements of The Permalinks Cascade?
You can instal the latest version on any release of WordPress following WordPress 5.8. The system requirements are the same as WordPress.
If you need to instal The Permalinks Cascade on a multilingual website powered by WPML, please note that to work effectively the plugin needs WPML 4.4+ and WPML String Translation 3.1+
- How do I completely uninstal The Permalinks Cascade?
Please, follow these three steps:
- Go to the 'Advanced Settings' screen of The Permalinks Cascade and tick the 'On uninstalling' setting — this will enable the deep-uninstallation mode.
- Deactivate The Permalinks Cascade from the 'Plugins' screen.
- Click on 'Delete'.